Be a Super Mom - Cloth Diaper with FuzziBunz diapers at Nurtured Family

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Couch to 5K, Week 1: Day 2

So, today was my 2nd day with the Couch to 5K program and I am just so psyched!

It was a 5 minute warm up walk, then 8 sets of 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of walking followed by another 5 min cool down walk.

I got through all 8!!! It was difficult but I just kept reminding myself what a disaster Monday was and if I felt myself speeding up too much, I just slowed down and concentrated on my breathing to make sure I wasn't overexerting myself. Sure I got out of breath, and very tired (and am now pretty sore!!!) but it was SO fulfilling. Stuart and Liam hung back and played by the river because Li-bug was fussing too much for a walk in the stroller. When I got to the 5th set, I turned around and started heading back the other direction. They had just begun walking towards me when I was already in the 5 minute cool down walk. Stuart asked, "Did you give up?" and I was smiling SO huge when I told him, no, I'm in the 5minute cool down!

I'm so excited! I cannot wait until Friday to do it again!!! :D Wow... there is really nothing more motivating than actually DOING something you doubted yourself on.

Before starting, I told myself that if it got way too tough I could just walk through one of the running sets, but it was totally unecessary. I didn't stop once, nor did I have to skip a set!

It truly is amazing how just accomplishing something so simple as getting through a workout can make your whole day brighter.

Tomorrow is my BIG weigh in. Remember my fitness challenge? My goal for September 10th was 185 lbs... I've got my fingers crossed. I will not be entirely disappointed if I'm not quite there yet, though. I know I'm on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment